People who say that relocation is a fairly straightforward task obviously haven’t really tried it for themselves. If they would, they could’ve accepted the fact that relocation or moving is by no means an easy task. Precisely for this reason, 8 out of 10 people end up hiring relocation companies in Perth to make the job a lot easier.
But it can’t be that easy, right? Well, it is! Of course, at the end of the day, a lot depends on the reputation of the relocation company and how experienced they are, but ideally, these companies are well equipped to make your relocation hassle free. Having said it, there are however certain things which will fall on your shoulders.
Below is a comprehensive checklist of all the things that you need to do before, while and after your relocation.
Prior to relocation
- Finding a moving company
- Store or sell your car
- Make arrangements to redirect your mail.
- Use a secure travel file and compile all your paperwork or personal records
- Make arrangements for your current prescription and acquire a sufficient supply of medicine
- Cancel subscriptions, pay all bills and ensure that all your direct debits are stopped once you move.
- Organise all home insurance and private health for when you arrive at your relocation destination
- Set up the necessary bank accounts at your relocation destination
- If moving abroad, obtain foreign currency
- Back up all your computer files
- Pack all the necessary items
- Organise transportation to your relocation.
- Leave your new contact details with the new occupants of your house
Arriving at destination
- Inform your friends and relatives that you have arrived safely
- Find your nearest internet service, provider
- Apply for your tax file number
- Make arrangements for health insurance
- Contact requirement agencies and prospective employers for arranging job interviews
Moving into your new house
- Set up all your utilities which include power, the internet, phone, etc.
- Contact the new school for your children and ask for your progress report
- Introduce yourself to your new neighbours
- Find out about the recreational and social activities in your new location
- If required, purchase a car and organise for its insurance and registration.
- Register at the local library
Documents you need to keep with you while travelling
- Birth certificates
- Credit card record verifications
- CV/ qualifications and employment references
- Children’s school reports
- Copies of all your insurances
- Records of the companies and trust you have operated
- Loan and account details
- Details of your investments
Seems a pretty big checklist, right? Well, it’s necessary if you want to avoid unnecessary confusion during the relocation. Whether its Wangara, Warwick or Osborne Park movers, they aren’t difficult to find at all. On the contrary, if you search for movers in your local area on the internet, you will come across several companies. But that doesn’t mean that all of them will provide an equal level of service. You need to research extensively before hiring a relocation company.